Monday, September 17, 2007

Week 2, Days 3,4 and 5

Well Days 3 and 4 are always going to be hard for me as they are weekends. And weekends for me mean baking. And making proper desserts. And cooking something sumptious for dinner. And I don't care what you say, when you're actually measuring the amount of oil going into something, sumptious is not going to be a word to describe the end product. As it was I made a lamb, roast veg and couscous salad - the lamb left over from a roast mum had cooked. The veggies roasted in a smidge of oil and a dusting of polenta which helped give them more crunch value. Then tossed through couscous with some baby rocket, left over semi-dried tomatoes (and granted their oil) and crumbled over feta. And yes, it was delicious.

As it was, I did get through it although there was pretty grim determination.

What also gets me down during those times is realising just how many calories I was eating in a day and that while I thoroughly enjoyed eating it all at the time it just isn't sustainable. And that makes me sad.

K who left a comment for me over on one of the other blogs (feel free to email me just no comments to avoid the good intentions-poor reception equation that comes from people with no fucking idea) who said keep baking just give it away. And she's right. And it's actually spurred me on with my other plans...

Anyway, today was v. good because I was busy and distracted. Dinner was the lamb salad as I had made enough to feed an army.

I've decided that next week I'm going to follow the WW Core Plan rather than Points. It appeals to me and now that I've almost had two weeks of reigning in the eating the keeping points thing is shitting me.