Thursday, March 12, 2009

Update

I hate my double stroller. It's got tiny hard rubber wheels that refuse to all go in the same direction at once, the frame is getting rickety and I need to give it a good shove every time I want to start moving.
We got it 2nd hand from friends when C was born in exchange for Mr Duyvken fixing their riddling rack. The price was right so we took it and although it's been great for getting around the shops it is hopeless on footpaths, nature strips, etc. It stops every time it encounters a small bump in it's path and I end up nearly breaking my neck when I try to jog. I even tipped it forward one day trying to get across the street. C and JW were well strapped in and were fine, thank goodness but it cemented my dislike for the 12 wheeled beast.
Despite keeping an eye on sales, ebay, the trading post, etc I haven't been able to find a double stroller with pneumatic tyres at a price that meets my budget, As C gets older I get closer to only needing the single stroller again so spending money on a decent double wouldn't be sensible and I am trying to be patient with it.
I took it for a walk again this morning, fighting with it up all the hills, battling with it around corners and trying hard not to let it run away from me when descending all the while being breezed past by women pushing jogger strollers who seemed immune to the evil lasers I was shooting at their fast retreating backs. I am hoping that all the wrestling the stroller requires means I am getting a reasonable upper body workout and I will soon have the biceps to roll one of those mums for their stroller. They'd never catch up with me once I took off on those inflated tyres!

This week -
Monday - swim, crunches
Tuesday - 5km walk
Wedsnesay - crunches
Thursday - 8km walk with stroller wrestling, crunches

1 comment:

KPB said...

I hate our double stroller too - we've had it since the bigger boys were little and it's just annoying - a jogging stroller yes, but the sun visor thingy doesn't lock into place so always flies back, the handle is too high and it just shits me.

I'd give it to you - except for the above statement.

I covet the Mountain Buggy double one - but who has a spare $1200!?! Besides, I keep telling myself as the days and months pass that my need for a double stroller is diminishing.

Hahahaha.

Monday - yoga, walk to school and back (4.4km)
Tuesday - morn and afternoon school walk (8.8km)
Wednesday - yoga, morn and afternoon walk (8km)
Thursday - nothin'. Whoops.