Monday, March 16, 2009

Fitstorm

So today I started Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred.

Because I have some sort of muscle death wish.

Actually, I did level 1 and it was fine. I managed the whole thing except for one point when I thought my hamstring may indeed snap.

I didn't even have to battle for space on the floor because I attempted to clean up yesterday.

My plan is to do Level 1 for a week, Level 2 for 2 and Level 3 the remainder of the 30 days.

I like that it's only 20 minutes, that it's intense and that she breaks it down into short intense bursts. I bore easily.

Then I finished it, thinking, that was OK. And then I wanted to hurl. For about three hours. It is a serious workout which took me by surprise. Let's see what the month brings.

OH, and I weighed myself this morning. 88.3kg.

So I've lost 1.5kgs in six weeks. I'm pretty pissed off at that effort, considering the fact that I'm not eating any crap and exercising my arse off. I know I know, the slower the better, I'm doing it the right way, but I would have liked to have been closer to 80 than 90kgs.

Oh, and watching The Biggest Loser doesn't help - some of those boombalardies are now in the 80s and the fact they're going to pass me is really giving me the shits.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have only lost 1.5kg but I bet you fit your clothes better and feel better and look better. Remember muscle weighs more that fat and you are a healthier person by far - is that not the ultimate goal?!

KPB said...

Nope. Nothing fits better. Nothing.

Anonymous said...

Gipped! OK, I got nuthin!

KPB said...

Oh don't worry, I'm majorly pissed about it.

Duyvken said...

Stick with it, hopefully you'll see some actual results toon. Otherwise, maybe you need to change what your doing? Throwing all that effort and energy at it to get nothing in return is just going to do your head in if it keeps going. I don't know what you could do of course, it sounds like you are doing a great job to me.

Duyvken said...

OMG, ignore my spelling and grammar.
What's wrong with me this morning?

Duyvken said...

OMG, ignore my spelling and grammar.
What's wrong with me this morning?

Duyvken said...

OMG, ignore my spelling and grammar.
What's wrong with me this morning?

Duyvken said...

Sheesh - now multiple comments?

I think I need a drink.

xo