Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Day 10 Fitstorm - Shredding for success

So I'm up to Day 10. For those of you good at maths you'll realise it has taken more than 10 days to get me to Day 10 - yeah. Sorry about that.

My initial plan was to do it five days a week for six weeks. Then last week happened and I had things on, people to see, places to go, a head cold and allergies that have left me with a burst capillary in my left eye. Noice.

So I'm up to Day 10. I've done six days of Level 1 and three days of Level 2. Some clothes are definitely feeling better - well, the skirt I live in which was getting tighter and tighter is not so tight. Still tight, but not to the point I have to undo it at the end of the day or after a meal.

So here's the drill.

I'm still not 100 per cent committed.
Doesn't that sound ridiculous.
But I'm not.
And you know why?
Because I'm scared of failing. I'm scared that if I lose this weight I'll put it all back on.
Like I have every other time I've lose a significant amount of weight.

And yes, I know how stupid, defeatist and ridiculous that is.

So - AGAIN - I'm sucking it up and keeping on going.

I'm up to Day 10 of Jillian Michael's 30 day shred.
I can now do proper push ups and touch the floor without bending my knees.

I am not weighing myself.

I'm going to take my measurements at the end of the week and see how different they are from ones I took last year.

And I'm working out a meal plan so we don't end up eating pasta five nights a week.

I find if I'm organised in terms of what I'm going to have for breakfast/lunch/dinner I stay on track much better than if I don't.

I'm also going to try and adhere to some of Jillian's advice:
Don’t eat anything that doesn’t come out of the ground or have a mother

I'm still going.

5 comments:

Duyvken said...

Keep going, keep going, keep going! We'll get there.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, I have been following your story for a while. You remind me of me.
What the hell is shred? Such a kick ass name, it has got to hurt, whatever it is.

KPB said...

Hello Jenny!

It is a DVD - Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred - 20 minute high impact workouts w/ three levels to work through.

They are absolute killers but a good way to really kickstart your fitness and strength.

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun in a painful kind of way, I might look in the video shop. Trouble with doing it at home is I end up covered in children, like a mother scorpion. Still, if it's high impact i should be able to send them flying.

KPB said...

It's agony and I haven't done it for days due to my allergies being horrendous and having sick children. Yes, totally hear you on the child magnet thing - I can only do it when the youngest is in bed, he gets very worried when I'm doing it ... which is probably warranted. Home exercise is something I either have to do pre-dawn, during nap time or at night.

Yeah, me and spontaneity, like that.