Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The ultimate in incidental exercise

So now both boys are at the local school - as opposed to one being at a school two suburbs away - we can all walk/bike ride/scooter to school. Jasper's pre-school is two blocks further on, so on Mondays and Tuesdays we just keep ridin' to drop him off.

We worked out today that it's 2.2km from our house to the boys school. Most days of the week I'm doing that four times a day so I'm walking 8.8km! How awesome is that!

Not only am I getting exercise, the boys are and get this - Jasper rides all the way and all the way back. My little 3 year old is riding 4.4km a day. Without one single complaint. In fact, when I picked him up from kindy yesterday because I though he'd be too tired to ride home and it was too hot he gave me a doozy of a performance at not riding home.

It is early days, but what I'm loving is that because I'm out and moving my eating has been significantly curtailed. For example - no junk food or chocolate in a week. Awesome.

2 comments:

Duyvken said...

Fantastic Kim!

Mary said...

A very fantastic start!