Monday, January 5, 2009

Wake up call

We went to day 2 of the Australia v South Africa test at the SCG yesterday with my husband's work. We were sitting in the hospitalilty suites and therefore had to comply wth a pretty stringent dress code. Ladies are required to wear a blouse with slacks or a skirt or a dress, no shorts or thongs and nothing too revealing. That doesn't sound too difficult but I haven't lost all the weight from my last pregnancy yet and I was already carrying a few extra kgs so, while my wardrobe has lot's of lovely tops, skirts, dresses and pants there are very few things that actually fit. I have a pair of jeans, a pair of shorts and a dress on rotation at the moment. I was able to find a pair of pants (bought the morning of my grandmother's funeral 7 weeks after my daughter's birth) and a top that didn't match the pants but did kind of fit the dress code. I was in tears trying to find something to wear as I realised that I don't just have a little weight to lose but quite a significant amount of work to do before I can get back into most of the things in my closet. My fitness is pretty woeful and my face looks very different to how it did a couple of years ago. Generally I am not happy about how I look and how I feel in my body and it's time to take some serious steps. So here I am, joining Boombalardy to share my weight loss and fitness journey, to lean on the bare-faced accountability of weighing in publicly week after week and to support the other bloggers who also carry more into 2009 than they really want to.
This is where I start - current weight 63kgs, goal weight 50 - 52kgs.
Weekly aim - to exercise 3-4 times a week and to do sit-ups every day.

1 comment:

KPB said...

You go girl.

We all have a very overwhelming path ahead.

The only way to approach it is in small sections.

Set a small goal first, like, getting to 60kg. Mine is 85.



We can do it.