Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's Time

For five years now I have bored friends with discussions of how THIS is the year that I am going to lose weight.

THIS though is the year and in the presence of three other women to inspire and encourage me I want to lose 22kg by the end of 2009.

I am unofficially 91.2 kg - I have decided to do a weekly weigh in on Tuesdays... Mondays can be a bit disheartening if I have indulged myself on the weekends.

The game plan.

I am a fan of Kate Morgan shakes for breakfast.

Lunch will generally be a wholegrain sandwich of salad and protein.

Dinner a small serve of whatever I have cooked for the children and myself.

My downfall - and this is where I would appreciate some advice - is afternoon tea - all those yummy cakes and biscuits I feed the kids at that time.  Sure - I should just not buy them or make them.  Are there things I could make/bake that would be good for afternoon tea and then lunchboxes the following day?

And exercise of course...

3 comments:

KPB said...

I am exactly the same. EXACTLY.

1. Don't buy the bad stuff. Let yourself ENJOY the home made stuff but then make allowances for it elsewhere - so eat less dinner etc.

Oh, that's it. Just one point.

Kill said...

Reading this I wasn't sure whether Kim or I myself had written it and then - it's you BMM. Marvellous!

Arvo tea you could try my pancakes (as pikelets) with rolled oats in them. fill you up and keep for the next day. just maust resist the urge to eat them all in one go. but as kim said, let yourself really enjoy something, and trade off something else. (having said that my attempt this morning was futile and all the pikelets were eaten - damn your superb "all consuming" apricot jam Kim!)

also, we love the fruit smoothies for arvo tea. use skim milk and banana or fresh or frozen berries. Today my frozen raspberry to milk ratio was so high I had a raspberry slush puppy!

KPB said...

Hey, that reminds me of this raspberry smoothies we used to get at a little cafe we loved - I watched them make it one day and it was frozen raspberries and clear apple juice. That was it.

YUM.

(Milk smoothies/milkshakes make me gag)