Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Back v.2.545

So how many times have we been here? Unhappy in appearance but still shovelling food in and not moving my sorry arse?

For the last few months Chef and I have been losing weight together. This has involved him losing 12.5kgs and me gaining 3. Nice. The upside has been a return to the gym, although that has fallen by the wayside in the last month due to everyone being sick, the end of term and school holidays.

So here I stand. Fat and sick of it.

So we're going to try something different - not in terms of weightloss because I know exactly what is required - eat less, move more - but here, in the land of Boombalardy.

I'm going to be joined by Kill - my best friend through thick and thin. We're both at a place with our bodies we would rather not be. We've both been 'thin' in terms of within the weight range for our height - but have slipped away from it back to the land of multiple stomachs, chins and back boobs.

Sometimes it's because life has dealt us a hand of cards too stressful and upsetting to stomach without a gutful of salt and vinegar chips or a family block of chocolate or a bowlful of icecream. Sometimes because a situation seems to have no solution let alone an end in sight of any sort.

So we're going to do this together - the good days and bad - the losses and the gains.

Wednesdays are weigh-in day.

A new start.
Again.

Kim: 87.6kgs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well well well - three holes in the ground

how far have I fallen. Just checked my weight loos chart on the back of the door this morning. It was march 2006 and I weighed 76.5kg - It was just over 12months since having J - a pregnancy I had started at 105kg. That enormous sense of achievement, the consistent effort and tracking what I ate for months was rewarded with attending a 'college reunion' type wedding and feeling fantastic about myself in a new LBD. The first LBD I had ever worn with confidence in my whole life. And this morning, stark naked after a wee - 103.3. FUCK THAT - GAME ON
Me vs 30kg here we go

KPB said...

I've added you as an 'author' so when you go to Blogger dashboard it should tell you so - or an email at your yahoo account.

Copy this and paste as your first entry.

I'll muck around so your profile is in the sidebar too.

I'm adhering to your tv rules so now have no time to myself as I'm entertaining small children all day. Or so it seems.



You're dreaming of 76 and I'm dreaming of 66.

GAME ON INDEED.

Anonymous said...

TV rules are a rod for one's own back. But one must have some standards as a parent. hope you get the 4 grand from KRudd. We get squat!