Monday, October 20, 2008

little victories

Have actually stood up to myself over the last few days:
1. Went to the races for a couple of hours on Sat afternoon and limited myself to 2 champagnes and maybe 3 corn chips
2. Increased incidental activity that also achieved something by doing some gardening on the weekend. Unfortunately my back was buggered yesterday afternoon, but seemed OK again this arvo so I dug a couple more holes tonight and then managed 30 minutes on the treadmill too.
3. Had a morning tea thing at school and limited myself to one half date scone (and hunted around till I found one with no butter) and then had 2 bites of a cupcake (Jem had licked the icing off and given it to me, but I left the rest even though it was nice) and one piece of slice Jem gave to me. But that was it and I counted the points in.
4. Tonight I cooked home grown lamb chops and mash for the others and then made myself a salad. Added a leg and thigh of a BBQ chook but removed all the skin (sprocket enjoyed it)
5. Have bought some WW meals for the freezer so I can cook for the family and then hook into a frozen dinner and salad/vegies. Also have heaps of WW desserts so I can satisfy my sweet tooth.
6. I am writing down everything in my little log book - I have had it for a nearly a year - I was going to lose 5kg leading up to Christmas last year (instead I gained 15!)

I am actually proud of myself and looking forward to seeing how much I have lost this week!!??!!

2 comments:

KPB said...

You are a LEGEND.

I haven't been 'on' this week AT ALL.

You have inspired me to lift my game and start logging what I eat once more.

I expect to gain this week but now I'm onto it...

Thanks mate.

Anonymous said...

Writing it ALL down is the only way I stay accountable and in control. Ran bought the book for me last year (one for herself, Cin and Mum too - what a family) but I had ignored it. I am actually seeing myself in the mirror this week too - and OOHHHH THE HORROR!