Thursday, October 25, 2007

Week 7

This week has been madness.
You know what I've learnt? Than when I have a good weight loss, when I start feeling better about my body and how I look, celebrating by eating solidly for five days is not the best response.
It started with weigh in day where I ate a LOT of chocolate post the good 0.5kg loss.
It continued with the three day Festival of Jasper birthday celebrations.
The amount of butter frosting I shovelled into my mouth on the end of chocolate finger biscuits is not worth dwelling on. Nor the number of pieces of streusel cake I consumed. Nor the amount of cream I dolloped onto the top of my scones.
Yesterday the number of calories I consumed was just ridiculous.
I did it as a shoot-myself-in-the-foot approach. So convinced am I that I've put on about 1kg this week I figured I might as well make it come true.
SO
I went to the gym last night.
For the first time since February 2006.
2kms on what I believe is called the elliptical trainer in about 13 minutes? The one where you put your feet on 'paddles' and walk. Some ball work for 'inner core' (GOD it felt good to suck in that stomach and make the muscles work) then 10 minutes on the treadmill. About 40 minutes all up.
SO
I'm going to write down everything I eat here, on this blog, for a week.
And I'm going to remember to find less self destructive ways to celebrate eating better and thereby losing weight and gaining fitness than eating cake.
It will be scintillating.